====== WINDOWS ======
In Windows 7, 8, and 10, you can’t save edits to the HOSTS file unless you open it directly from Notepad or another text editor. To do so:
- Open Notepad or another text editor like Notepad++.
- In the text editor, select File > Open and open the HOST file location at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\.
- Select Text Documents (*txt) in the bottom-right of the Open window and change it to All Files.
Note important:This step is required because the HOSTS file doesn’t have the .TXT file extension.
- When files appear in the folder, double click hosts to open it.
- Edit the HOSTS file and save your changes. Finish
====== MAC OS======